Voters in Tucson need to read that Daniel Hernandez is a fighter for Arizonans, while Kirsten Engel sided with far-right Republicans against their rights:
- Daniel Hernandez has led the fight in Arizona to protect the right to vote, defend a woman’s right to choose, and pass common-sense gun safety reforms. He will continue that fight in Congress.
- In the State House, Hernandez has stood up to Republican attempts to overturn the 2020 election and led the fight to protect vote-by-mail and Arizonans’ right to vote.
- Hernandez served at Planned Parenthood and worked to expand access to reproductive health care. He has consistently stood up to Republican attacks on a woman’s right to choose in the State House.
- And after surviving the 2011 Tucson shooting, Hernandez was called a hero by President Obama and became a national leader in calling for common-sense gun safety reforms like universal background checks. He has been endorsed by gun safety groups like the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.
- But Kirsten Engel sided with far-right Republicans against Democratic values, including to pass unnecessary restrictions on polling places like those that Donald Trump used to spread conspiracy theories about voter fraud in the 2020 election and is now fueling attacks on Arizonans’ right to vote.